General informationInstitute of Metals and Technology is a multidisciplinary public research institution, associated with higher education organizations. The main activity of the institute is conducting high-quality research activities in the fields that are of national importance for Slovenia, have a high impact, are in the public interest and are expected to prosper also in the following decades. The main missions of the institute are basic and applied research, developmental and infrastructural activities according to Research and Innovation Strategy of Slovenia. .
Institute cooperates with similar institutions at home and abroad and is an important player in national, as well as in international scientific research sphere.
Institute provides transfer of knowledge to society and industry, provides popularization of science, dissemination of scientific culture and information for general public.
Institute is also focused on scientific research in the fields of environmental protection, monitoring the environmental processes and development of new, clean energies.
For conducting public service, the employees are organized in research groups. The institute will also conduct research work for third parties, in the form that is prescribed by the Yearly and General plan of work of the institute. The main activities of the institute (according to classification “Uredba o standardni klasifikaciji dejavnosti (Uradni list RS, št. 69/07 in 17/08)” are:
- 72.19 Research and development activities in the fields of Natural Sciences and Technology
- 71.20 Technical experimentation and analysis
- 62.0 Computer programming, consulting and other associated activities
- 63 Other activites in the field of informatics
- 85.42 Higher education
- 85.59 Education and training not classified elsewhere
- 91.01 Activities of libraries and archives
- 58.14 Publication of journals and other periodic publications